Transforming Lofts into Living Space in Gloucestershire
We have been turning dusty old lofts into fantastic light and airy living spaces for many years in Gloucester, Cheltenham and the surrounding areas.
A loft conversion is a wonderful way of creating additional space in your home without going to the expense and inconvenience of moving house.
Loft conversions are regarded as permitted development and do not require planning permission providing the following conditions are met:
- A volume allowance of 40 cubic metres for terraced houses
- A volume allowance of 50 cubic metres for detached and semi-detached houses
- No extension beyond the plane of the existing roof slope of the principal elevation that fronts the highway
- No extension to be higher than the highest part of the roof
- Materials to be similar in appearance to the existing house
- No verandas, balconies or raised platforms
- Side-facing windows to be obscure-glazed; any opening to be 1.7m above the floor
- Roof extensions not to be permitted development in designated areas which include National Parks and the Broads, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Conservation Areas and World Heritage Sites
- Roof extensions, apart from hip to gable ones, to be set back, as far as practicable, at least 20cm from the eaves
Our professional team has plenty of experience in Gloucester, Cheltenham and the surrounding areas and can help you with all aspects, from drawing up the initial plans to a completed job to your satisfaction, all complying with the relevant regulations.
Give us a call today for an informal chat on 01452 372229.